International Online Summer School ’Data & Futures Studies’ 10.5.–28.6.2022
Is data really the new oil? How do you combine present knowledge with perceptional knowledge? What are some ways of gathering futures information? How are different ways of knowing used in Futures Studies? Finland Futures Academy’s annual summer school is giving you a chance to take a peek into this versatile topic.
Summer school consists of two parts: a) Online lectures and exercises tailored for students and b) participation into summer conference ’Planetary Futures of Health and Wellbeing’, 15–17 June 2022. The students only need to register for the summer school and not separately to the conference. During the online lectures the students will choose the participation form (online or face-to-face in Turku) for the conference.
- 17 May at 15–18: Uniqueness of Futures knowledge and quantitative data
Case Verne – Modelling futures in Finnish car traffic
- 24 May at 15–18: Qualitative and tacit data in Futures research
Case Style – interviews, analyzing tools and mental time travel -work shop concept
- 31 May at 15–18: Data and ethics
Case Predictive algorithms and decision making
- 7 June at 15–18: Big Data
The course requirements for 5 ECTS are:
- Preliminary readings (a collection of articles delivered to all enrolled), exercises and preparation for lecture work shop
- Active participation in summer school (lectures and exercises)
- Participation in the conference https://futuresconference2022.com/
- Reflective learning diary (8–10 pages) DL 27.6.
Summer school fee is 35€. The fee is due within the registration. Registration for the summer school at latest by 5.5.2022.
** The registration has ended and the course is fully booked **
The course can have maximum of 70 students. The summer school can be registered as TUTU5 Changing Futures Themes course.
The summer school’s 5 ECTS work load consists of study assignments, active participation in online lectures and exercises and participation in virtual futures conference. Please notice that you have to have good network connections and the ability to use camera and microphone.
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org