Futures Studies courses are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students at Finnish member universities, including exchange students. Courses can be taken as individual study modules or as a tailored study programme of 25 ECTS credits, and can be included in a master’s degree or postgraduate studies.
Futures Studies courses are based on a blended learning model, consisting of learning methods such as collaborative and independent studying, distance education with virtual learning tools, and traditional lectures.
FFA’s postgraduate courses are designed in Finnish and/or English language according to the current need. As a postgraduate student, you are also welcome to participate in our basic study courses.
Annual Summer School and Conference in 2022
Together with the Finland Futures Research Centre, the FFA organises an international summer course parallel to the annual conference. The teaching structure of the summer courses follows the topic of the conference, and students are free to participate in conference presentations and workshops. The summer course is meant for both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are interested in Futures Studies.
- 2022: Data & Futures Studies, 10.5.–28.6.2022, online & Turku
- 2021: Transformative Learning, 10.5.–28.6.2021, online
- 2019: Constructing Social Futures – Sustainability, Responsibility and Power, 12–13 June 2019, Turku
- 2018: Energizing Futures – Sustainable Development and Energy in Transition, 13–14 June 2018, Tampere
- 2017: Futures of a Complex World, 12–13 June 2017, Turku
- 2015: Futures Studies Tackling Wicked Problems: Where Futures Research, Education and Action Meet, 11–12 June 2015, Turku
Post-graduate online course: FUTUJ1 Approaches to Scientific Futures Research (4 ECTS)
The course is organised as follows: on Fri 7 October, 2022 the opening session and a 2-day seminar on Thu-Fri 27-28 October, 2022. All events will be organised online.
Please register during 1.-18.9.2022 in Webropol (you need to write a short motivation letter when you register): https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/4B159E204F8DCD5D
Number of participants 30. FFA 10 students, FFRC 10 students and UTUGS 10 students. Students will be selected based on the required additional information given as part of the enrolment.